Sunday, July 29, 2007

This Is Good

Today's way of thinking makes the meaning of good hard to pin down.

"What is good for you may not be good for me," say those that follow this manner of thought. They believe themselves to be smart to think like this.

Well, there is this thing that is good that is absolutely so, no if's, no but's.

It is good because God's Word says so. And that settles that.

Read on.

Scripture:
"It is good to praise the LORD and make music
to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night"
(Psalm 92:1-2)

Observation:
This is what is good: To praise God and make music to Him, to rise in the morning declaring His love and to rest at night extolling His faithfulness.

Application:
I will sing to the LORD. I will play music in worship of Him. I will greet Him 'Good morning,' when I rise and thank Him for the day that He has made so I may rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24). I will praise God for His love and compassions that are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-24). And at night, His faithfulness will be the last thing on my mind, thanking Him as I say, 'Good night, LORD,' to sleep.

Prayer:
Praise be to the Name of God! Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah! Holy Spirit fill me. Let my thoughts all day through and even in my dreams at night be only about the exceeding goodness of God to me. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

July 27, 2007 entry to the personal handwritten journal I use in my quiet time with God.

"Artwork by John Bell copyright 1998-2007 (http://www.jrbell.com/index.html) used with permission".