Sunday, July 22, 2007

Eyes That See, Ears That Hear From God

Neons, lasers, giant video billboards. The world has all sorts of ways of calling attention to the eyes to sell products and ideas. They invade our living rooms through cable, satellite, DVD and HDTV.

Radio talk shows, high- pressure sales people, teachers and preachers of all possible persuasion constantly try to push their stuff into our ears.

It's not hard to be swayed from one point of view, from one direction, to the next.

It is said that if you don't stand up for something, you will fall for anything.

How blessed is the man whose eyes see, and whose ears hear, from God. What he stands for will never be in vain.

Scripture:
"But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears for they hear. For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which you see, and have not seen them; and to hear what you hear, and have not heard them." (Matthew 13:16-17)

Observation:
Glad is the believer whose eyes see as God would have him see, and whose ears hear as God would have him hear. He is more blessed than prophets and righteous men who did not see nor hear the same.

Application:
I seek eyes that see what God would have me see, and ears that hear what God would have me hear.

Prayer:
Praise You, God! Thank you for these eyes and ears. If You are willing, always have them perceive as You would have them perceive. Holy Spirit, please keep me from being full of myself but of You. Fill me, sweet Holy Spirit, and enable me to share what I see and hear from God. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

April 26, 2007 entry to the personal handwritten journal I use in my quiet time with God.