Tuesday, July 31, 2007

God Is My Share

Back in 1993, I went with my pastor to Calgary in Alberta, Canada to participate in a conference of Filipino pastors serving in North America.

I was especially drawn to how these faithful men of God would stand up in a snap, almost like soldiers at attention, whenever a hymn was introduced in the program. Standing like that, I was impressed by how many of them were there at the time.

I thought, how could there be so many of these men who all left their homes thousands of miles away to live as complete strangers in a foreign land with nothing but their faith and trust in God's promise to bless those that serve Him.

I said to myself, God must really take care of His servants! What a truly faithful God we serve.

Scripture:
"The Lord said to Aaron, 'You will have no inheritance in their land, nor will you have any share among them; I am your share and your inheritance among the Israelites.'" (Numbers 18:20)

Observation:
God chose Aaron and his family to be His true priests of holy worship. In God's grace, it was a merciful act because it was the people's only hope for deliverance from judgment. It was a huge burden placed upon the shoulders of Aaron and his family. For it, God personally took care of their needs.

Application:
When God calls, He provides the means bountifully to accomplish the calling. What an awesome privilege to have God Himself as one's portion.

Prayer:
Father, I surrender myself to Your call. May everything in my life be just as You would have it. Although it may not seem apparent to people, You have made me unspeakably rich since You have made Yourself my portion. I am humbled by the extravagant privilege! To You alone be all glory! In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

February 25, 2007 entry to the personal handwritten journal I use in my quiet time with God.