Monday, July 16, 2007

God Delivers Me From All Troubles

Just as the gospel does not promise perfection in this life, salvation does not insulate the believer from troubles.

God, however, has a great promise. He said He delivers the righteous from all their troubles.

This is my entry to my handwritten journal last April 18th:

Scripture:
"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." (Psalm 34:19)

Observation:
Righteousness, salvation, does not exempt the believer from troubles. However, the Christian has God that delivers him from all of them.

Application:
I will regard troubles as opportunities to watch God assert His Lordship over my life, His loving protection and provisions as One who protects and provides for His own child, and the spectacle of His mighty and wonder-working powers.

Prayer:
Father, I thank and praise You for You are faithful and loving. I thank You that nothing escapes You, even my troubles; that they do not become wasted but instead are turned around into tools that bless me. Thank You for the peace and confidence You bring to my heart because You are my God and Father in heaven. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.