Saturday, June 30, 2007

Persecution Is Par-For-The-Course To The Follower Of Christ

We continue with postings which I'm lifting from my personal handwritten journal (a tool that I use in my quiet time with God). As I've mentioned in my most recent posts, this blog has come full circle. I have returned to the original intent of this blog, which is to journal my walk with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I invite you to find out more about this quiet time tool. It is one of the ways that I hear my Father in heaven speak directly to the issues He allows into my life daily.

Today, I am sharing the entry I made in the journal for June 27, 2007. It reminds me that it is naive to hope in this fallen world being able to better itself without God. On its own, after all, the righteous acts of humanity put together are nothing more than filthy rags compared to the holiness of God. (Isaiah 64:6)

Sad, yes, but true. And truth sets those captive to sin free. (John 8:32)

In this thought I hope today's post blesses you:

Scripture:
"In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:12-17)

Observation:
Persecution is par-for-the-course to the follower of Jesus Christ that desires to live God-ly. Evil people and deceivers will only get worse, even being deceived themselves. God's faithful should only continue in what they have learned. All that is written in the Bible is from God. It equips God's servant in every way for the good work for which God had saved him.

Application:
I must partake of the grace that God so generously provides so I could stand up to the tide of evil that characterizes the last days of this fallen world. I am blessed that I could hang on to every Word that God provides in the Bible. In the din of violence and deception, I have the truth and am guided by the truth. It will continually provide the spiritual tools and instruments I need to do what God wants me to do.

Prayer:
Holy Spirit, please fill me. Enable me with the grace of God to withstand all that evil throws at me because I want to live a God-ly life in Jesus Christ. Thank You that as You promised, He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it! (Philippians 1:6) In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen!