Friday, July 13, 2007

The Cleansing Power Of The Blood Of The Lamb

I was witnessing to a friend who was arguing that no one has seen heaven and described it so he does not believe in it. He was stunned when I told him that the Bible gives a very good description of heaven.

Last December 28, 2006, the passage that struck me the most in my journal's reading plan was from the book of Revelation. The central idea was about the power of the blood of Jesus Christ to wash away the sins of mankind. Still, one catches a pretty good glimpse of heaven in the verses:

Scripture:
"I answered, 'Sir, you know.'
"And he said, 'These are they who has come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore, they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'" (Revelation 7:14-17)

Observation:
A future under the personal care of Jesus Christ in heaven awaits those who believe and persevere in the power of the blood of God's sacrificial Lamb to atone for the sins of mankind once for all.

Application:
I believe and will hold fast to the finished work of my Savior, Jesus Christ, on the cross of Calvary where His body was broken and His blood spilled to pay for the sins of the world and save all who would believe. The precious blood of Jesus covers me. He will lead me home to be with Him in heaven when I leave this fallen world.

Prayer:
Holy Spirit fill me and enable me to be faithful even unto death so that I may be useful to the glory of my personal LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ. For it is in His mighty Name that I pray. Amen.