Thursday, July 05, 2007

God Fights---And Wins---For The Believer

With the fireworks displays and loud firecracker pops of yesterday's Independence Day celebration still very fresh in my memory, I thought that this post might just be appropriate today.

I wrote this entry in my personal journal last March 26th. In that handwritten quiet-time tool, I titled it, God Is My Champion.

It brings to mind the song, The Battle Belongs To The Lord by Jamie Owens-Collins. It is true. God champions the righteous cause of Christ's followers. And He always wins:

Scripture:
"You are my King and my God, who decrees victories for Jacob. Through you we push back our enemies; through your name we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever." (Psalm 44:4-8)

Observation:
It is God that fights the believer's battle and it is God that wins it. Man's best weapons of warfare will not matter if God is not for him. The believer ought to put all his confidence in God and praise His Name continually.

Application:
I am to welcome God's invitation to partner with Him in His projects. Foremost among His concerns is the condition of my heart. So, the battles I face may seem inexplicable or undeserved but they are either ordained or used by God to grow me. I may seem like I am in the midst of a thick fight but what I do is according only as God instructs. I am his armor-bearer, if you will. God is my champion.

Prayer:
God, please enable me with Your Holy Spirit to be steadfast. Anoint me, LORD, so that I may be still and know that You are God. Then let all glory be to my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ. For it is in His Name that I pray. Amen.