Monday, July 02, 2007

Jesus, The Eternal High Priest

These posts are lifted from entries I've made in my personal handwritten journal (a tool that I use in my quiet time with God). I am sharing them here as time allows.

I invite you
to find out more about this quiet time tool. It is one of the ways that I hear my Father in heaven speak directly to the issues He allows into my life daily.

It is all I can do to contain my excitement about this quiet time journal! It has allowed me to come full circle back to the original intent of this blog, which is to chronicle my adventure with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


I want to post today my very first stab at this amazing tool that enables me to peer into the heart of the Father. This was my journal entry for December 12, 2006 and I gave it the title, Jesus, The Eternal High Priest:

Scripture:
"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:25)

Observation:
Jesus is unlike human high priests who are prevented by death from continuing in office. Jesus lives forever and has a permanent priesthood.

Application:
I am assured of my salvation because Jesus is my hight priest. I am free to resist sin because Christ has paid for all my sins once and for all. He has broken its hold on me. With Jesus eternally advocating in my behalf to the Father, I am free to come to God's throne room and bring my requests. I am free to enjoy the delight of knowing God intimately and serving Him.

Prayer:
God, let me enjoy every minute, every hour of each day by seeing how You unravel the tangled issues of my life and make a straight path for me to walk with You. Release the provisions I pray to You about that I desire to manage better, at Your appointed time. Enable me to bring glory, not shame, to your Name. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.