Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Streams Of Living Water

As our body thirsts for water, our spirit also needs refreshing by the Holy Spirit of God. As our physical thirst is quenched by drinking water, our spiritual being is recharged by the filling of the Holy Spirit.

Here's one more post looking back at an earlier entry in my quiet-time journal. I wrote this one in on December 20, 2006 and titled it Streams of Living Water:

Scripture:
"...If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from him." (John 7:37b-38)

Observation:
Jesus invites anyone who is spiritually thirsty to come to Him and drink. Those that believe in Him "drinks" in Him His Spirit. They will be filled to overflowing.

Application:
When this world wearies me, I may come anytime to Jesus and ask for the Living Water of the Holy Spirit to soothe me, restore me, and enable me to keep on going. I will have more than enough for my needs. He will enable me to share Him in the Spirit.

Prayer:
Father God, please help me to remember to come to be filled by the Holy Spirit every time my leaky earthen vessel, my body and its spirit, drains empty. Thank You that You are able to forgive sins so that the Holy Spirit is not hindered from filling me. Enable me, God, to freely confess my sins and, please, do forgive me. Holy Spirit please fill me again. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.