Wednesday, July 18, 2007

God's Goodness To Me For All To See

Knowing how I was and where I have been before Christ invaded my life, it would seem as though that former me died and my present me has just been born. God so turned my life around I am just not the same person.

That alone is wealth with no measure. But I bet that people who know me can see the change that has taken place. To those that would believe, God does love to show up and show off!

I have not even begun to speak of the countless blessings He has caused to rain in my life ever since.

Scripture:
"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you." (Psalm 31:19)

Observation:
God prefers to lavish His goodness in plain view of others on those who run to Him to seek shelter and sustenance. His goodness for this occasion has already been set aside for the believer.

Application:
I will be strong and take heart (Psalm 31:24) because "The Lord preserves the faithful but the proud he pays back in full." (Psalm 31:23)

Prayer:
Father, I lift my praises and thanks to You for the abundant goodness that You have set aside for me. I need only look to You and You are ever prepared to shower me with Your supply for others to see. Holy Spirit, please cause me to be faithful to bring glory to my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. For it is in His Name that I pray. Amen.

April 20, 2007 entry to the personal handwritten journal I use in my quiet time with God.