Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thank You. God Bless You.

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday after lunch. I just went through a procedure that may seem so routine I needed only to stay overnight in the hospital. Yet it was serious enough it could have meant the end of my life if I did not go through it.

All throughout my short stay in the hospital and through today when I caught up with some of my closest friends, I have received nothing but the most touching expressions of love and caring.

My nurses kept checking to see if I was alright even in the dead of night. It can be argued that it was their job to do so. But these people went about it with such a personal touch that, had I not gotten into this serious situation, I would never have found out truly existed.

Hospital staff that I knew personally sent me flowers with a message that in order to maximize my rest time, they were resisting the urge to come and visit.

When my Bible study group mates first saw me when I got back from the hospital, I found them praying for me. They have been doing so ever since I broke out the news to them last Tuesday regarding my health situation. They fell in line, some of them crying, to each give me a tight hug. With my wife and kids, they puttered about me, anticipating my needs, never allowing me to lift anything.

And I know, those of you that visited here and read my Thursday post prayed for me. I know so because I could sense the prayer support all throughout. I was not without anxiety, I confess, but I was not fearful and completely without distress. I was mostly comfortable.

God promised me, as He has promised you, that He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is faithful. But with you petitioning Him in my regard while He walks with me through this valley of trial, that is special!

Thank you! God bless you!

God be praised for you!

Jesus commanded in John 13:34 that we love one another. And in the next verse, He explained why:

"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:35)

I have absolutely no doubt that we have accomplished and will continue to accomplish what the Lord has commanded.

Again, thank you! God bless you!

God be praised for you!

Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords.

Artwork from Angel Verses. Please support the ministry of Angel Verses.