Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Lord Is My Helper

I felt so bad for my wife when someone she loved and has been witnessing to for a long time flatly told her once that he is not believing because he has not seen anyone serving in church ever get rich.

To her eternal credit, my wife continued to just lovingly testify to the greatness of her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She said, "It may not seem apparent to you right now but I am already very rich in Christ."

How true! To have a relationship alone with the God that owns all creation is wealth beyond all imagination. Not to mention God's promise to believers to meet all needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

Don't get me started. In my life, God has always met my need at the exact time that I needed it.

With such a faithul God, I can be content with what I have. I need not love money. I can truly say that my help comes from God.

Scripture:
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
'Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence,
'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?'"

Observation:
God promised never to leave nor forget those that believe and put their trust in Him. With God always present, He is to be the focus of the believer's heart. We are to love God, not money. God is the believer's helper. He is greater than any fear, so much greater than any man.

Application:
I will seek first God's Kingdom and all His righteousness. God said do this and He will give me everything I need. (Matthew 6:33; in context, Matthew 6:25-34)

Prayer:
Praise be to God! Praise You, Father! Praise be to the Son! Praise be to the Holy Spirit! You are my everything. You are all I need. Great and mighty, You are faithful. What You have promised is forever settled. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Praise be to Your Name. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

July 16, 2007 entry to the personal handwritten journal I use in my quiet time with God.