Friday, January 28, 2005

Prayer For The Weekend

It will be a busy weekend, LORD.

Tonight is when our church gathers for its monthly Midnight Watch. We will pray from early evening until midnight.

Yes, there's worship singing, Father. How we love your presence when you visit us as we worship!

I'm asked to give the devotional. Enable me, LORD. Let me be as your mouth. Wash me of sin that might get in the way of your message.

Then, on Sunday morning, I'm asked to preach in lieu of my Pastor who is on a mission abroad. Let me be as your mind, your heart and your tongue. Cleanse me of worldliness that might hinder your Word.

Be blessed, O LORD and Savior. Be glorified. Bless your bride with your life-changing presence.

May I remember Iraq to you, Father. Please grant victory to the election, to democracy, to freedom and liberty.

I may not speak to you again here until the weekend is over. Let me find you again in all your glory when I do.

In Jesus' Mighty Name, I ask it, LORD. Amen.