Friday, January 14, 2005

The Adventure Continues

LORD, thank you for your answer to our prayers that Michael Newdow will not prevail in his suit against President Bush on preventing prayer from being included in the Presidential Inauguration.

Dear God, this is a sad, sad man who clearly denies his extreme needfulness for you. He is god to himself. I pray that you will speak mightily to his heart. You alone draw people to the heart of Jesus Christ and transform them from the walking dead to the eternally alive.

I know, because you transformed Saint Paul who was a bitter murderer and persecutor of Christians before you drew him to the heart of Christ. I know, because like Michael Newdow, I was an atheist myself. But when you drew me to Christ, I was powerfully, yet so gently, persuaded that I was a fool to deny such a loving and patient Savior. Exactly as your Word said.

I entrust Michael Newdow to you, LORD. When I see him in eternity, I hope that it will be among the heavenly throng worshiping you. I will praise your Name mightily. But if I see him hopelessly marooned among the damned, he will have no one to blame but himself. Father, have mercy on him.

LORD, our wrestling match with you continues. I continue to pray, dear God, for your rescue. Forgive when my faith ebbs and flows. Sustain me, O Holy Spirit! The Father's faithfulness is constant. His Sovereign sense of time is perfect. In due time, when it is best for my heart and for my Father's purposes, his rescue will not be denied. For now, fill me, Holy Spirit. Enable me to stand until the Father's will is done!

In Jesus' Mighty Name, I ask it, LORD. Amen.