Thursday, January 20, 2005

A President Is Sworn In

What can I say, LORD? President George W. Bush's inaugural
address says it all.

I pray, Father, that you will bless this son of yours with greater success in the next four years.

I pray that the election in Iraq will proceed as scheduled. That it will result in the birth and continuing growth of liberty, freedom and democracy in that country and the Middle East region.

I pray, dear God, that you will prosper President George W. Bush and all that he undertakes. Please, protect him from those that would defame, slander, and lie about him. Guard him against those who would be unfairly critical and in so doing align themselves with the enemies of the USA.

Use this man mightily, LORD. Bring spritual renewal to our land. Bring revival to your Church. Flow through this land until every man praises your Name once more.

I pray in obedience to your teaching that we are to intercede in behalf of the leaders of our nation. I claim your promised faithfulness in answering the prayers of those who regard you as their portion.

In Jesus' Mighty Name, I ask it, LORD. Amen.