Monday, February 07, 2005

Me? A Sinner?

LORD, that was the hardest thing for me to accept. Especially in those days when I did not even believe you existed.

How can anyone accuse me of sinning? Do they live with me 24/7?

Yet, your Word was very clear about it:

Romans 3:23 (NIV)
"...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..."

You said "ALL," Father. That does not exempt me.

Now, I know that you love me---and my kind---deeply. You love me so much you don't want me to die, sin or no sin.

But you are holy. Holiness and sin just don't mix. While you are a God of love, you are also a God of justice. Justice dictates that I die because I sinned.

Quite a dilemma, Father.

But you are also all-wise. You have a solution: You sent your Son!

He died in my place. Even when he had no sin. He took my sins---and those of my kind---and paid the penalty for me. He paid it once and for all for everyone:

1 Peter 2:24 (NIV)
"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

I thank you, LORD, for saving me. I pray you make of my life an offering that pleases you and magnifies your glory.

In Jesus' Mighty Name, I ask it, LORD. Amen.

The true color of liberal politicians is whatever color suits the time. Seeing that blue is rapidly losing ground to red, liberals scramble to propose "purple." Does that mean they will become red? Do wolves become sheep?

Look, Sam, look! Look at Hillary. See Hillary laugh and play.