Friday, February 04, 2005

I'm Gonna Live Forever!

Your Word says so, LORD. That settles it.

It is really quite clear:

1 John 5:13 (NIV)
"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life."

Of course, I supplied the emphasis on "know" because it says I don't have to guess. Your Word says I can know---not theorize nor imagine---that I am going to live forever.

Your apostle actually quotes you, LORD Jesus:

John 11:25-26 (NIV)
"..., I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die...”

So, I'm clicking my spiritual heels. I have eternal life!

And I am thankful that you want everyone to know. You want us who believe to let everyone know.

Enable us to tell as many as we can, Father, since you've assigned that part to us.

As you promised, you can take care of the rest.

After all, that's the part that you've assigned to you. And you, LORD, are faithful.

In Jesus' Mighty Name, I ask it, LORD. Amen.