Sunday, June 05, 2005

You Are My Hero



Yes, my friend. You are my hero.

Now, before you start thinking that Soldado has flipped his lid, I know you have kept visiting this site inspite of the lack of updates for the past three days. I have checked my site meter and it is incredible how you have kept your faith. I owe you respect and gratitude.

No. The LORD My Dad is not an abandoned site. I know it's easy to think that after the computer crash fiasco about a week ago and now this. But things are OK. My computer is healthy. Of course the work to restore my files is an elephant I'm having to eat piece by piece.

It's just that I thought it best to step back a little bit. I needed to slow my days down somewhat as things around me were (and still are) going through rapid change and I was (and still am) having a tough time keeping my footing.

It's a whole huge spiritual fray I just stepped into and it would be unfair to you for me to go into detail about it here. I sure would like to share it with you in the coming days. It's exciting and definitely part of the adventure I talk a lot about here. Suffice it to say, though, that this particular post is simply to say that Soldado is fine and continues to view blogging as one of those things the LORD has instructed him to go into (so he better be faithful).

In a manner of speaking, you are as precious as a life preserver to me. In the midst of the rapid changes and disorientation, I sometimes feel like I'm trying to keep my head above huge ocean swells. I grow weary. I hear this huge debate in my mind whether I should continue to tread water or just plain give up and let the waves take me under.

Seeing you continuing to come here silences the debate. If you're here, I'm staying with you.

You can say that I spiritualize things too much but to me, the LORD uses this to calm the storm enough so I could hear what he is saying. The message is clearer to me now. He says I'm in for more choppy waters ahead but that's only because he has blessings in store for me.

You know. Kinda like when the Israelites were about to enter the promised land flowing with milk and honey. There it was right before their eyes, theirs for the taking BUT...(Read the spies' exaggerated reports of giants and fortifications in Numbers 13:26-33) There is always the "but." Not because God takes joy in frustrating us. It is because it is always a walk of faith in the LORD.

You are my hero, friend. Inasmuch as you are, may I confess to you how much I covet your prayers?

I tell you the truth, I will need you to remain my hero for the days to come.

God bless you.