Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Benefits Package

LORD, as I have mentioned a lot in this site, I belong now in your family (John 1:12). While I have also written already about living forever with you, here’s one more quote from your Word that just puts it so sweetly:

John 5:24 (NIV)
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”

Awesome, Father, but I know the blessings do not stop there. The wealth of your household overflows. If I may, let me count some more of the benefits enjoyed by those that have received your Son as their personal Savior and LORD.

Our sins were forgiven:

Colossians 1:13-14 (NIV)
“For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”

Christ came into our lives:

Revelation 3:20 (NIV)
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

Colossians 1:27 (NIV)
“To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

We now live the great adventure for which God created us:

John 10:10 (NIV)
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)
“...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

What a joy it is to belong to your household. Father, I pray that the far corners of the earth will be reached soon with the wonderful news of your Son.

In Jesus’ Mighty Name, I ask it. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------

Please, continue to pray for Terri Schiavo and the Supreme Court hearing on the Ten Commandments.