Monday, February 28, 2005

I’m Somebody’s Child

LORD, my mom, on the one hand, is still plugging away at life and using her graceful age to witness to your glory and how. My dad, on the other, has long ago passed away. I guess that qualifies me halfway as nobody’s child.

If not that, perhaps it’s that I am the one solitary representative of my family that lives in this great United States while the rest of them live halfway across the globe.

If not that, perhaps it’s that no one would see through the joke and take my request to be adopted seriously if only to extract this fang of feeling so alone, core family-wise, in this sea of strange millions.

Woe is me.

Yeah, right. Not so fast, pity-partying heart. I am a child of God:

John 1:12 (NIV)
“Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God...”

I believe in my LORD and Savior’s name and in him, along with countless Brothers and Sisters who have believed likewise, I have been born again:

John 1:13 (NIV)
“---children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”

The family I grew up in may be scattered across the seas. Only a precious few of my innumerable neighbors might call me by name.

The name I now carry transformed me from nobody to somebody.

I am the greatest Somebody’s child.

He is Abba, Father, God.

Let there be glory and honor and praises to him.

For it is in Jesus’ name that I pray. Amen.

-------------------------------------------

Only two days remain before oral arguments in the Supreme Court case of McCreary County v ACLU of Kentucky. Please pray for Liberty Counsel's Mat Staver as he focuses on his final preparations. Key will be to delineate between "Acknowledgment of Religion," which the Constitution permits, as opposed to "Establishment of Religion," which the Constitution forbids.