Wednesday, February 16, 2005

One Way High Way

What comfort it is to know I’m in your care now, Father. It is a comfort I know is familiar to all whom you have adopted as sons and daughters in Jesus Christ.

I am not supposed to envy anymore, LORD, since your grace is so sufficient. Still, I feel that those who came to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and God much sooner than I did were very fortunate. They had the weight of the world lifted off their shoulders sooner. They got to enjoy your peace that is beyond human understanding sooner. They got to experience the warmth of your love, the exciting punctuality of your blessings, the joy of serving you really early on.

My way to you, Father, was rough and long. It was none of your own doing. I chose to heed my intellect and youthful independence.

I thought then that after all, even if this ‘God thing’ and ‘eternal life thing’ were true, wise gurus say that there are numerous ways to you. I felt then that this fall back strategy was safe enough.

Wrong again. All the ways the wise teachers pointed to led away from you. There is only One that is truly wise. There is only One that truly points to the One Way to you:

John 14:6 (NIV)
“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”

I thank you, Father, for never giving up on me. I thank you for listening to those that cared enough for me to spend nearly a lifetime pleading my case to you in prayer. Please, bless them abundantly.

I pray listen now to my prayers and have mercy on those whom I also care for and have not known my Jesus yet.

Please, lead them to the One true Way. Lead them to the One Way that leads to the Most High.

In Jesus’ Mighty Name, I ask it, LORD. Amen.

Our school system needs to be purged of teachers that push on our young a one-sided look at knowledge. Schools are filled with educators that have become elitists that promote a left-leaning, liberal point of view exclusively. Knowledge to them is not open to debate, other points of view not permissible. Support the movement among political leaders to reform US Education in this regard.

Also, read up on
court briefs filed in support of the public display of the Ten Commandments.