Thursday, February 17, 2005

This Is The Life!

I thank you for life, Father. Thank you for broadening my idea of it.

Before I came to know Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and LORD, I thought that life was this thing that keeps me breathing and thinking and experiencing the world around me through my senses. I thought that when I cease to experience and all my senses fade to black, that was to be the end of life and I just stop existing.

I should have known that there is much more to life than what I cared to give it credit for:

1 John 5:11-12 (NIV)
“And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.”

Life goes on forever! Our physical bodies may cease to function and waste away. Life would go on beyond our physical bodies. Awesome!

That is, if we have Jesus Christ. If we do not have God’s Son, we are but zombies, walking around but already dead.

The beauty of it is that the zombie condition is reversible. We just need to receive Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and LORD and we will truly walk with life. Forever.

What a life!

That’s why we praise you, LORD. That’s why we offer you our all. That’s why we bow down to you and worship you as King.

Let all glory belong to you forever and ever.

In Jesus’ Mighty Name, I pray. Amen.

Here is a leading liberal who is scrambling to turn “purple,” seeing that a red tide has completely swamped blue. Look, Sam, look! Look at Ted. See Ted laugh and play.

Also, here’s some more very good
reading on the debate over the constitutionality of publicly displaying the Ten Commandments.