Thursday, June 16, 2005

Smile, Your Future Is Bright


You can begin enjoying your bright future now. Remember, it's your choice. Posted by Hello

Smile. Your future is bright.

Your heard me right. Your future is bright.

How do I know? I know it for certain. What makes me so confident?

Now I know I’m talking about you but since the question is directed at me, I will speak for myself first. I promise, I will show why it matters to you.

How can your future not be bright when your Dad owns cattle over a thousand hills? My Dad does. Wealth is no issue. My Dad is the one that gives power to make wealth.

He’s a master builder. He can make a city out of pure gold with its wall made of jasper. He decorates the foundations of the city walls with every kind of precious stone: jasper, sapphire, chalcedony, emerald, sardonyx, carnelian, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, jacinth, and amethyst. He could build a dozen gates for the city, each gate made of a single pearl. Hey, he uses pure gold for street pavement.

My Dad can command the sea to be rough or calm, respect a boundary and even part it in the middle and let millions walk through. He can command the waters of a river to do the same.

He can change the face of the earth, sink mountains or create new ones and create green, wet landscape in the desert. Why, he builds planet systems and star systems and constellation systems out of nothing. Don’t get me started on the creatures he has walking, crawling, swimming and flying the heavens and the earth.

Now with awesome abilities like that, it just makes sense that being on my Dad’s good side ought to make for a bright future. And I guarantee you, it does. The good news is he WANTS you to be on his good side and will stop at nothing to get you there! Even if you do nothing about it.

Hard to believe? Well, I am an adopted son but my Dad has an only Son whom he has sent and sacrificed to death just to prove how much he wants everyone to be on his good side. Why? I know of a couple of good reasons:

One, my Dad loves outrageously. And he happens to love everybody that way.

Second, the alternative is unthinkable. Ever imagined being tortured in a humongous furnace and being eaten by immortal superworms forever? That’s what’s in store for those that choose to be on his bad side inspite of his free invitation to be on his good. He doesn’t want anyone to go to the furnace but he’s such a gentleman he leaves that choice up to us. We choose him, we get the bright future. We reject him, we get the furnace.

Not fair? Actually, if my Dad is going to be fair, we will all go to the furnace. But see, he has spared nothing, including his one and only Son, just to get us out of that bleak future. And to think that as the Builder-Owner of all these things, including all of us, he never really owes it to anyone to go through any length to be rescuing anybody from anything. Dude, he can just do what he wants.

But he stops to think about us first. He gives everybody a second chance. And all we gotta do is choose him over the furnace. You know, believe that his Son died for us—and, by the way, my Dad is so powerful he raised his Son from the dead in three days—and that by his dying and living again we are saved from suffering the furnace which is the due punishment for our…oh, THAT word, do I dare say it?…sin.

There, I’ve said the s__ word. I know, I know. You’re thinking that I’m supposed to be talking about YOUR bright future but here I am presenting a very pessimistic view of you as a person. You? A sinner?

Well, yes. Just like I AM a sinner. And I could explain that to you so that it’s clearer and not sounding like a put down. But that’s a whole ‘nother entire topic that should be addressed in a whole ‘nother post. Unless you don’t want to hear anymore about the bright future I am 100% sure is in store for you then I will go off at this tangent. But if you still are, you could either wait for when I post something on the sin issue or you could look up my June 10, 2005 post titled How To Get To Heaven and find relevant information there.

Meanwhile, let’s address this pessimistic thingamajig. Pessimistic, my foot. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Why, if you are guaranteed to live forever being loved outrageously and in the presence of this awesomely powerful Dad I’m describing here, nothing could be more optimistic than that. Throw in being invited to live forever in this golden city with golden pavement, free from any pain or sorrow, you gotta be crazy to consider that not optimistic.

You say, what about your life here on earth? Are you not entitled to the happiness of your choice while you still live here? Sure you are. My Dad is such a gentleman he will not even get in the way whatever choice you wish to make.

You are free to choose. My thing about that though, dude, is that every choice has its consequence. There’s no fence-sitting. Every choice puts you either on my Dad’s good side or his bad. While he loves without equal, he is also holy. He loves so he saves. He is holy so he punishes. No in-between.

Besides, life on earth is short. Don’t be fooled into believing otherwise. The best the world can offer you is nothing compared to what awaits you in the forever. The world is but a wink of an eye compared to eternity.

That is not to say that nothing meaningful and fun could come out of living in this world. Truth be told, the bright future starts right here in this world as soon as you choose my Dad’s good side. He promises to be with you every step of the way while you still live on this side of life. He is faithful, you know.

So which way will it be, buddy? Your way or my Dad’s way? You can begin enjoying your bright future now. Remember, it’s your choice.

See that “How Well Do You Know God?” button on this website’s sidebar? That’s a good place to start. Let’s enjoy the bright future together.

God bless you.