Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!


Posted by Hello

What a blast! My wife and kids suprised me with breakfast in bed. I guess my queen was not going to be outdone by our kids' and my antics last Mother's Day. She countered today with a steak and sunny-side-up eggs plate complete with sauce and salt. To wash it all down, they capped everything with a hot cup of coffee.

Then, off to church we went where we had a wonderful service honoring fathers and most especially the Father in heaven. I thought that would have been it. No, the wife and the kids weren't done. They took me out to lunch. Then drove me across town to pick up a nice gift. They knew just what I have been dreaming of lately. Hint: it's something I can use in this blog.

You'd think that would have done it. No, they took me next to my father-in-law's house. Of course, he's a dad, too (mine has gone home to be with the LORD quite a few years ago). Party time again.

Long story short, here I am, finally home but with only enough time to make this post. Hey, better late than never.

Happy Father's Day to you all!