Friday, July 22, 2005

Bustin' Out


It could sometimes look like this photo on the right when the sun is all smiles outside and you have nowhere to go.

Not this weekend. My son and I are off to a couple of firsts.

He has always bemoaned the fact that his mom and sister have gone to several Mother and Daughter Retreats but he has never been to a Father-Son Retreat. He is right. For some reason, Mother-Daughter events get organized more than Father-Son's.

This year, though, our church put together its first Father and Son Retreat and there is just no way we are going to pass it up. So, a first for our church and a first for my son. Great spiritual program, food, fishing and other nature activities are promised. My son and I have our minds focused on the spiritual and the fishing.

What this means, though, is we'll be away through the weekend. I may not make a post again until Sunday afternoon or evening.

I hope to capture good photos on this trip. I promise to share them when I come back.

You all have a great and blessed weekend.

God bless you.