Sunday, July 10, 2005

All In A Weekend's Time

You'd think weekends would be the ideal time to blog away. Not really. In the weekdays, the family backs off. They know much of my day will be consumed by work and afterwards The LORD My Dad.

Not on weekends. The family takes over.

So, since we have missed three consecutive Saturdays of fishing, my son and I headed out to the lake yesterday. The heavily overcast skies persisted throughout the day. It was ominous. We nearly got skunked.


This first catch of the day after many long hours was a sign of what the size of the catch was going to be. Posted by Picasa

I knew,though, that the fish we usually go after get active in the evening. So, at around sundown, I bagged my bass and trout and we headed home.

When we got home, the wife took her turn. She has this tropical kalachuchi tree which she lovingly took care of for seven years. It has finally rewarded her with flowers that are rare by local standards. She called me on my promise to take pictures of it.


Here is what I feel is my best shot of my wife's kalachuchi blossoms. Posted by Picasa

And of course, church was this morning's priority. On the way there, my daughter spotted a very interesting church sign. I made a point of taking a picture of it on our way back.


Get it? Posted by Picasa

Then I cleaned our catch from yesterday's fishing. While my daughter fried them, I cleaned, mended, reorganized and put away our fishing gear.

Then I made sure I didn't miss my favorite TV pastor's message.

Finally, time for this post.

Gotta hurry. I owe the LORD a couple days' worth of devotions and Bible-in-a-year chapters.

Back to more serious blogging tomorrow.

God bless you.