Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Moratorium On Humor

I know, LORD, that I have dedicated Wednesday posts to showing your humorous side. In the light, though, of the travesty being committed on justice and life in the Terri Schiavo case, I declare a moratorium on this site to that rather only two-week old practice.

I pray, LORD, that you give your blessing to Bob and Mary Schindler's emergency appeal to the Supreme Court in behalf of their daughter Terri. I pray that you prevail upon the US Supreme Court justices that the appeal may flourish.

I pray for Terri Schiavo's survival. I pray that she will be given all possible opportunities and means to recover. Father, if you are willing, heal Terri.

I pray for our check-and-balance system of government. Please, LORD, guard its integrity. Thank you that the President and Congress have gone as far as they could to act, and if need be, to err, on the side of life.

Now, LORD, please grant wisdom to the US Supreme Court justices. I ask, dear God, that you prove me wrong in my suspicion of the courts' contempt of the will of the citizenry manifesting in their repeated rulings against Terri's life. May it not be, Father, that the rulings were mere assertions of "turf" at the expense of an innocent, helpless woman. I pray for your mercy, otherwise.

In Jesus' Mighty Name, I pray. Amen.

-------------------------------------------------

I could use a little prayer help. My family is in the final two weeks of transitioning our business to its new owner. It is the most difficult phase as we remove items from the store that belong to us and move them back to our home. It also gets in the way of blogging as my internet connection used to come from the store. This has gotten in the way of timeliness in my posts. I hope to resolve all these in a week or two.

God bless you all.